Objective of Meeting: To arrive at broad consensus on substantive content of the Education Chapter in the new law.
To achieve this objective the following Agenda is being proposed:
- Quick Recount of CRPD Mandate by Legal Consultant to facilitate discussion
- Relationship between RTEA and PWDA (paragraphs 9; 11; 16 of Report)
- Affirmative Action Entitlements for PWDA in realms of education not addressed by RTEA (paragraphs 1a, b, d; 2; 10; 13)
- Segregation between provisions in Act and provision in Rules (paragraphs 7and 8)
- Clearing Boundaries between Right to Education/ Human Resource Development / Leisure Culture Sport / Accessibility (paragraphs 1g; 4; 12;14)
- Issues surrounding Programmatic Interventions (paragraph 3)
- Which ones should be mentioned in the law? Which law? (paragraph 15)
- Which can not be mentioned in law? (paragraph 9)
- Which better addressed in policy?
- Amongst the one's addressed in law which one's should be mentioned generically (paragraph 5)
- And which should be addressed explicitly
Download Agenda (Word - 27 KB)